Wednesday 11 November 2015

'RED', Dec Workshop in Canterbury- 5 places left!




Two- day workshop exploring Red

Red is passion, courage, revolution, luck, blood, sin, fire…..

It is scarlet, cadmium, crimson, pink, burgundy, red earth…..

Red gets noticed…..


A red painting (or 2) - abstract, figurative or somewhere between- awaits all participants on the course.

It's no coincidence I've been working with red recently! - the course is definately going ahead, I've just booked my train ticket. I've even started a new Red 'Porthleven' painting today  Unquestionably, Matisse's 'The Red Studio' has had an enormous influence on my own work. Red is everywhere, it floods the canvas, disrupting space. The world is not the same anymore….


'The Red Studio'
 
One of my red paintings......


'City of Glass 8 - (The Red Notebook)'



No comments:

Post a Comment